Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New Google Docs and Spreadsheets

In addition to the eye candy upgrade, many users will find comfort in Google changing terminology from labels to folders for organization. Search is also vastly improved with auto-complete functionality that will suggest documents whose names contain the text you have typed so far, acting as quick links to those documents or folders, or allow you to launch a search against document contents as well.

The changes are a welcome addition to what was an already useful tool. Kudos to the team who delivered this new front end to Google's online document platform. I hadn't expected an upgrade here, rather I had my open for a clean Google gadget to interface with google docs.

Link : Google Docs and Spreadsheets Blog entry announcing the new interface

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to make a suggestion for improving your service.

I'd like to use the word processor and spread sheet to completely replace Microsoft Office, but you just don't provide enough space.

Why not offer a way to use FTP accounts? I can get 100 gigs of space for as little as $10 per month, more than I'll probably ever need.